Work and Study

Work study programs allow students to engage in part time employment to help undergraduate and graduates with school expenses. There are two different types of work study program, federal and non federal. Federal work study programs encourage placement in community service with some relation to your field of major study. Non federal work study positions require a more specific skill set or may recommend supervision from an expert.

Alternatively new government legislation has been brought into Canada abolishing the need for off campus work visas as of June 1st 2014. Provided that you hold a valid study permit, which you require to attend university in Canada if you are not a Canadian citizen, you reserve the right to apply for a work permit from within the country. This permit allows students to work for twenty hours a week during scheduled academic sessions and full time during scheduled breaks.

Start your Canadian journey now

Stay Connected