Can I study and work?

Working and studying as an international student is simpler than ever in Canada. New government legislation has been brought into Canada abolishing the need for off campus work visas as of June 1st 2014. Provided that you hold a valid study permit, which you require to attend university in Canada if you are not a Canadian citizen, you reserve the right to apply for a work permit from within the country. This permit allows students to work for twenty hours a week during scheduled academic sessions and full time during scheduled breaks.

From retail work to landscaping, bartending or serving within North Americas massive service trade, employment opportunities are available during any season in Canada. Why not have your Curriculum Vitae or Resume ready to give to potential employers before you arrive here? Unsure how to write this? Ask Canada for school for more details and we can help!

Start your Canadian journey now

Stay Connected